A Boyle Heights strip mall was heavily damaged Friday by a fire that sparked inside of a laundromat. It happened on the 2100 block of East Whittier Boulevard just before 2 a.m., the Los Angeles Times reports.

The front facade of the laundromat collapsed due to the damage. No one was injured in the fire that is believed to have been sparked by a gas leak. The neighboring Domino’s Pizza and two other unoccupied units in the strip mall were also burned, KTLA reports.

You can see KTLA’s report on the fire in the video below.

Photo above: the Boyle Heights strip mall damaged by fire.

Boyle Heights Beat is a bilingual community newspaper produced by its youth "por y para la comunidad". The newspaper and its sister website serve an immigrant neighborhood in East Los Angeles of just under...

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *