Monday, April 15 marks the deadline to file individual tax returns (Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) or to request an Automatic Extension (Form 4868) for the year 2012. If you have not yet filed, you may be eligible to receive free tax preparation assistance and financial education.
East LA Community Corporation (ELACC) has partnered with United Way, Chase, Wells Fargo, Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education, Chicana Service Action Center and Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service to offer free tax preparation for taxpayers with an annual household income of $51,000 or less.
As their second consecutive year running, ELACC hopes to help out 500 low-to-moderate income families.
Trained community volunteers certified by the IRS will assist families in Boyle Heights and East L.A. through April 15, 2013. If an ITIN is needed, tax preparers can help taxpayers apply for one the day of the appointment.
Make sure to bring:
- A photo ID
- Social security card or ITIN for everyone in the household
- Bank account and routing number for direct deposit
- Copy of most recent tax returns
- W-2Ê¼s, 1099 forms or equivalent documentation
- Tuition Fees & Expense Receipts
- Receipts for day care expenses with provider ID number
- Proof of foreign status if applying for ITIN
- If married, bring spouse to sign documents
To make an appointment, call (323) 604-1950