Photo by Flickr user ericrichardson/ Creative Commons

About 100 firefighters were on the scene of a fire that broke in a metal fabrication building in Boyle Heights Tuesday night, reports the Daily News.

Los Angeles Fire Department responded to the fire at 8:23 p.m. at 1465 S. Lorena St., near Olympic Boulevard.

According to a statement in the LAFD’s blog, the fire was sparked by an electrical problem in an interior power panel of the metalworking shop.

Firefighters battled the blaze for 45 minutes as intense flames burned through more than one-third of the building and threatened nearby structures, causing an estimated $100,000 in damages.

No injuries were reported in the fire.
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.